Preparing for Puppy
Recommended Supply List :
This first list are items that you should have before the puppy arrives.
- crate (we love the metal crates, they fold up easily and are easy to clean!)24 tall x 36 length
- food (I will let you know what kind)
- leash (4 - 6 ' lead)
- chew toys and teethers, (we love deer antlers, bully sticks, etc) no rawhide chews!
- Natures Miracle (enzyme cleaner for accitdents)
- stainless steel or ceramic feed and water bowls (nothing made in China please!)
- bitter apple spray (to spray on anything you don't want chewed on)
- all natural puppy treats (for training) break into the tiniest bites possible
- more different chew toys, we like kongs, rope toys, non-edible nyla bones, no rawhides (can cause blockage), antlers, bully sticks
- ear cleaner
- brush, toe nail clipper, de matting brush
- exercise pen area (gates), we love the portable, plastic pens they sell at petsmart!
- easy walk harness (is wonderful for teaching puppy to walk on a leash without pulling, we use these starting at 9 months)
E s s e n t i a l s
Below are suggestions of items you may want to have when your puppy arrives. When you get to the store and forget your list, simply come to this website and find this list with pictures! Or if you really would like to simplify, order a puppy pack with all of the essentials and we will have it here when you pick up your new best friend! No running around!
food and water bowls 4 - 6 ' leads collar crate (24" high)
G r o o m i n g S u p p l i e s
slicker brushes round tip shears ear cleaning solution untangler comb nail clippers
F u n S t u f f
A l s o c o n s i d e r e d m u s t h a v e s :
play area wound care (vetericyn) de matting comb teeth cleaning supplies crate pad